The Magic Returns.
Every year is certainly a Disney year (especially for us Disney fans, right?)! But 2013 will be a year where the Disney magic would return in an event that brings all that magic together - the D23 Expo!
Yes everyone, the D23 Expo will return to the Anaheim Convention Center from August 9-11 this year will have more magic, more fun, and more special surprises that are sure to get the magic flowing through our veins once again!
This year’s Expo layout will much be the same as the one from two years ago with pretty much every Disney business (Walt Disney Studios, Disney Parks, Disney Consumer Products, etc.) showing off their newest and most magical offerings.
Disney has started to confirm those offerings for this year’s Expo which include:
- Treasures of the Walt Disney Archives - the famous exhibit where some of the Company’s most prized posesions over the years will be publicly displayed. This year’s exhibit includes items from the production of “Mary Poppins” (which celebrates its 50th anniversary this year) and Walt Disney’s personal collection of “Oz” memorabilla.
- The Disney Songbook In Concert - a once-in-a-lifetime concert with Alan Menken (“Aladdin”, “The Little Mermaid”) and Richard M. Sherman (“Mary Poppins”, “its a small world”), composers who have written many of your favorite Disney songs including film scores and Disney Park music.
- Fan favorites like the Disney lifetime achievement award ceremony naming new Disney Legends, the D23 Expo Dream Store with limited edition items, and a Disney “swap meet” of sorts called the Collectors Forum.
- UPDATE 6/12 - Broadway and Beyond is also a new event this year that will feature a medley of performances from Disney’s various musical stage show productions!
- UPDATE 6/12 - If you have those “Disney Dollars,” the D23 Silent Auction will return this year. Want to bid on a pair of Matterhorn Bobsleds? Click HERE for more info.
- UPDATE 6/14 - Disney Channel stars will return for meet, greets, and signings! Expect to see the likes of Alyson Stoner (Phineas and Ferb), Jake Short (A.N.T. Farm), Zendaya (Shake It Up), Bridgit Mendler (Good Luck Charlie), Wayne Brady (Sofia the First), and even Sofia, Doc McStuffins, and Jake the Never Land Pirates!
The Expo is Disney’s way of really making Disney fans like us experience the Disney magic in a whole new, more immersive way. They are even launching a new website with more immerse fan exclusive content with a FREE membership tier to attract more Disney fans on June 17!
We’re very happy to see Disney (as a company) go above and beyond with making experiences for people who know a lot about the Disney magic, but you won’t know much until you go to the Expo folks!
Buy your tickets now by clicking HERE.
- - -
Are you a D23 member? If so, do you like all the fan experiences that Disney creates for D23? What do you appreciate most about The Walt Disney Company in general? Comment below!